News

Slight overall growth for golf participation in Europe

Kingsbarns Golf Links, Scotland / Photo courtesy of Kingsbarns Golf Links

The Golf Participation Report for Europe 2017 from KPMG’s Golf Advisory Practice shows that most of the continent’s golf markets displayed positive signs of growth in 2016.

The survey is based upon statistics compiled from the local golf associations of 43 European countries. According to the report, 81% indicated that their level of participation had either stabilized or increased in 2016. The remaining 19% still experienced some decline, including Scotland and Austria.

The report, which provides invaluable figures for stakeholders in the golf industry, is the latest of KPMG’s annual publications offering analysis and insights into Europe’s golf industry.

A statement accompanying the release of the report noted: “As we have identified a moderate level of growth in 2016, it is important to reflect upon various creditable golf development initiatives, which have been launched in previous years with the aim of reaching new audiences and retaining existing golfers across Europe.

“These initiatives and the hard work of many other golf industry stakeholders, provide evidence for a consciously optimistic outlook for the game’s development. Certain markets have demonstrated exemplary performance and highlighted the opportunities a proactive and coordinated approach can achieve.”

To download the report, click here

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top