Fans attending the CIMB Classic are now allowed to use their mobile phones on-site at the US$7 million event, which tees off at TPC Kuala Lumpur on October 12-15. The use of mobile devices is subject to the following rules:
- Devices must be on silent at all times; flash may not be used.
- Devices may be used to capture video, audio and photos (content) in all areas throughout tournament week.
- Content may be used for personal purposes (e.g., personal social media); no commercial use. Spectators are asked to use #CIMBClassic for their social postings.
- No live streaming or real-time coverage (e.g., no shot-by-shot coverage).
- Data use (e.g., texting) is permitted in all areas throughout tournament week.
- Phone calls are allowed only in designated areas.
- Please be respectful of play and do not interfere with players, caddies or media.
- All posted signage and instructions from tournament staff must be observed.
- Failure to comply with this policy may result in the revocation of your ticket.
Meanwhile, organisers have announced a range of activities outside the ropes for spectators during the event, which is the only PGA Tour tournament staged in Southeast Asia.
Upon entry through the ticketing counter, spectators will walk through the public exhibition area with various exhibits and booths, including CIMB Fan Engagement, BMW Lifestyle area, J. Lindeberg apparel, Tourism Malaysia, TPC Kuala Lumpur Lounge, Glocomp exhibition showcase and Berjaya Sompo Exhibition.
After exiting the exhibition area, fans can watch the players at the driving range on the East Course or head to the MST Golf merchandise area.
Spectators with kids can bring the young ones to the Family Fun Zone at the main lobby of the TPC Kuala Lumpur clubhouse for indoor activities such as Nintendo Wii gaming area, Bouncy Castles and various games. There is also a Reflexology Corner for tired parents.
Operated by Tiffin, the Food Pavilion at the back of the main lobby has a wide array of F&B kiosks including The Nasi Lemak Project, Pezzo Pizza, The Yard (pies and milkshakes), Bubbles Eggete and Coca-Cola.
The Carlsberg Beer Garden located next to MST Golf allows you to chill while following the action and live scores through an interactive giant LED screen. The first floor of the drink hut that overlooks the 1st tee houses the Singleton Lounge which has a whisky bar, comfy seating area and HDTVs.
A new spectator grandstand overlooks the 1st tee box, 14th green and 15th hole, which promises to be one of the best vantage points to catch the action.