Lin Jia Hao of China and Malaysia’s Mirabel Ting emerged as the best overall players from the blue tees and white tees respectively in the 13th AmBank SportExcel International Junior Golf Championship at Glenmarie Golf & Country Club yesterday.
Lin won the Boys A category (15-18 years) with a total of 141 (70-71), while Ting carded rounds of 69 and 72 to match that total en route to claiming the Girls B (13-14) title by eight shots from compatriot Maisarah Hezri.
Weather delays had forced the tournament to be cut short to 36 holes after the third round was suspended and subsequently abandoned.
The Girls A (15-18) title went to China’s Zhang Yue, two strokes ahead of Malaysia’s Winnie Ng. China’s Liu Enhua topped the Boys B (13-14).
Malaysia’s Anson Yeo won the Boys C (10-12) title, while Thailand’s Pimpisa Rubrong dominated the Girls C (10-12) category.
Five players were presented with scholarships offered by the Hills Golf Academy in Australia. The recipients were selected by a panel.
1. Mirabel Ting Ern Hui (Malaysia) – 1- year scholarship
2. Jeevanraj (Malaysia) – 1-month scholarship
3. Malcolm Ting Siong Hung (Malaysia) – 1-month scholarship
4. Maisarah Hezri (Malaysia) – 1-month scholarship
5. Suttinon Panyo (Thailand) – 1-month scholarship