Eight of the world’s longest hitters including reigning world champion Joe Miller will face-off in the new Long Drive World Series, beginning with the first of four legs at Jumeirah Golf Estates in Dubai on March 17.
The new tour is a super league featuring the biggest names in long drive competition and will see subsequent legs in London, Asia and finally the United States.
The list of eight combatants reads like a ‘who’s who’ of Long Drive competition:
• Joe Miller (GBR): Reigning and two-time World Long Drive Champion
• Tim Burke (USA): Two-time World Long Drive Champion
• Maurice Allen (USA): Two-time European Long Drive Champion
• Lucas Dornan (GBR): 2016 UK Long Drive Champion
• Ryan Steenberg (USA): 2016 World Long Drive Runner-Up
• Brad Pearmain (GBR): 2016 Italian Long Drive Open Champion
• Ilija Djurdjevic (SRB): 2016 Portuguese Long Drive Champion
• Emil Rosberg (SWE): 2016 Scandinavian Long Drive Champion
Each leg offers prizemoney and points which determine who tops the league at the end of the series. For updates go to www.longdriveworldseries.com