Two Malaysian juniors will be given starts in next month’s Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia based on their performances in selected events up to 27th September 2016.
The juniors must fulfill the following criteria:
- Born on or after year 2000
- Attended SDLPGA Development Programme for at least 1 year
- Played Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia National Qualifying Tournament 2016
The juniors will then be ranked based on their scoring average in the two rounds of the National Qualifying Tournament plus their best eight rounds in the following tournaments:
- SUKMA 2016 (26-28 Aug)
- 100Plus Malaysian Junior Open (14-17 Aug)
- Malaysian Ladies AM Open (16-19 Aug)
- Santi/Kartini Cup (5-9 Sep)
- Espirito Santo World Am (14-17 Sep)
- Malaysian Jr Closed/SXL Grand Finals (19-22 Sep)
Note: Rounds from other international tournaments between 26th July to 25th September may be considered subject to approval by the selection committee.
The fight for the two places is expected to be contested mainly between Ashley Lau, Winnie Ng, Natasha Oon, Liyana Durisic and Geraldine Wong.