All golfers appreciate apparel that’s wearable anywhere, whether on the course or on the go. That’s why adidas Golf designed a new collection of products – called the Go-To line – to show how the brand has evolved the golf uniform through versatile and more sustainable options that don’t sacrifice on performance.
At the heart of the new collection is the Go-To Polo. Like all the pieces in the range, it’s specifically designed to be worn on the go. With more people of all ages picking up the sport and anticipating the trend for more versatile apparel, adidas Golf didn’t want the simple idea of “having to wear a polo” keep people from heading to the course. So, they created this polo by utilising materials and colours that give it a wear-anywhere mentality but made sure that it would still perform the way a golfer would expect.
Under the rich, cotton-like handfeel of the men’s Go-To Polo, adidas Golf put in a set-in raglan cut in the back for a sportier design that also helps increase mobility and range of motion. Also included is its newest innovation in the form of a flexible collar construction, which means that the Go-To Polo can easily be pulled over one’s head when fully buttoned – like a t-shirt – without ever losing its shape.
The women’s Go-To Polo comes in both a short sleeve and sleeveless option and is highlighted by an open placket construction for easy wear, and side slits for additional versatility. All of the Go-To Polos offer UV 50+ sun protection.
Beyond the versatile silhouettes, what really makes this polo unique is that each is PRIMEGREEN; made with 89% recycled content to help END PLASTIC WASTE and continue adidas’ progress towards their goal of using 100% recycled polyester in all products by 2024.
“This polo, and the Go-To Collection as a whole, is a huge positive step forward for golf fashion,” said Shaun Madigan, global director of apparel, adidas Golf.
“It’s very rewarding to be able to introduce versatile options that provide both style and function that golfers want and need, while also giving them a sense of satisfaction every time they put these pieces on before heading out to the first tee – or wherever the day takes them – that they are doing something good for the world and our environment.”
Additional pieces as part of the Go-To Collection that are also PRIMEGREEN include:
• Go-To Pique Polo – Sporty, with a hybrid set-in raglan sleeve that feels soft and breathable
• Go-To 5-Pocket Pants & Shorts (men’s) – Cool and dry feel that features a stretch waistband and water-repellent finish
• Go-To Shorts (women’s) – 5” length with a light and stretchy feel, these feature an elastic waistband with drawcord and two front pockets and one back zipper pocket
• Go-To Skort – 16” length with elastic waistband and drawcord, attached inner short tights, front and back pockets, as well as a side zip pocket for tees, ball markers, keys, etc
• Go-To Commuter Pants – Casual and wear-anywhere, these offer a cool feel, tons of stretch, and front and back pockets for when you’re on the go.
All products in the Go-To Collection are available now on adidas.com.my and at select retailers.
PRIMEGREEN is a series of high-performance recycled materials made with a minimum of 40% recycled content. All products meet this minimum standard, while specific percentages for the Go-To Polo are noted above.