Following years of rigorous product development, the new Titleist Tour Speed hits the retail shelves in early October, offering golfers a high performance, multi-layer golf ball with a proprietary thermoplastic urethane cover.
Hailed as the fastest, best performing golf ball in its category, the Tour Speed is further enhanced by the superior quality and consistency of Titleist’s precision manufacturing process.
The Tour Speed offers a distinct and compelling performance option in the Titleist golf ball family through its innovative three-piece design, delivering a unique combination of exceptional distance in the long game and precise short game scoring control:
• A new high-speed core formulation combined with Titleist’s fastest ionomer casing layer delivers more speed and low long game spin for category-leading distance.
• Tour Speed’s thermoplastic urethane (TPU) cover is proprietary Titleist technology specifically formulated by R&D chemists, delivering greenside spin for short game scoring control with soft feel.
• The exceptional distance of Tour Speed is enhanced by a new 346 quadrilateral dipyramid dimple design that provides a penetrating, consistent flight.
“Our golf ball scientists and engineers have gone to extraordinary lengths in the development of Tour Speed – testing numerous core formulations and aerodynamic patterns, while formulating and analysing hundreds of TPU cover blends – to deliver on that promise. We have made every investment necessary in these new technologies, including a significant expansion of our manufacturing facility and process,” said Michael Mahoney, Titleist’s vice president, golf ball marketing.
EXTENSIVE AMATEUR TESTING
In addition to Titleist’s robot testing protocol, the performance of Tour Speed has been validated through comprehensive amateur testing, including:
• A three-month R&D test market conducted in the United States and Canada for the experimental golf ball EXP•01 – a prototype created during the development process for what has now become Tour Speed; and
• A golf ball performance study of amateur golfers led by Fordie Pitts, Titleist’s R&D golf ball consultant on the PGA Tour. The blind test, conducted at the Manchester Lane Test Facility in Massachusetts, evaluated Tour Speed prototypes versus a wide range of current Titleist and competitive golf ball models.
“Every new Titleist golf ball must exceed our stringent machine and player testing targets in order to advance from the R&D phase,” said Scott Cooper, Titleist Golf Ball R&D’s lead implementation engineer for Tour Speed. “All of the data and golfer feedback we’ve collected has been clear: Tour Speed is consistently the fastest, longest and most preferred golf ball among the competitive urethane-covered products in this category.”
The new Titleist Tour Speed is available in Malaysia beginning early October.
Minimum Advertised Price: RM189.60 / Suggested Retail Price: RM237